Do you offer scholarships?
  • Abyssinian Aviation Academy currently does not offer scholarships.
What are the requirements for application?

Application requirements for  Ethiopian students

  • At least 18 years of age.
  • Make payment of $10 USD registration fee.
  • Have a High School Diploma or 10+2 Certificate
  • Have a FAA medical certificate
  • Have Ethiopian passport or Ethiopian birth certificate and driver’s license.
  • Send photocopy of any pilot certificate(s) you may already hold.
  • Complete application form sent from Abyssinian Aviation Academy.

Application requirements for international students:

  • At least 18years of age.
  • Make payment of $500 USD registration fee.
  • Have a High School Diploma or 10+2 Certificate
  • Complete application form sent from Abyssinian Aviation Academy.
  • Have a FAA medical certificate.
  • Have a valid passport.
  • Submit proof of English competency.

Once the application has been reviewed and the student is accepted for the training program, the student visa forms are issued by the Academy.

How do I enroll to begin my flight training with Abyssinian Aviation Academy
  • You should first visit our website and complete a request for information, click here to fill out form. An Abyssinian Aviation Academy admin assistant will be in touch with you and provide you with details of our training program and the steps for enrollment.
If I am a Non-Ethiopian Citizen, do I need a student visa to fly in the Ethiopia ?
  • Yes, all non-Ethiopian Citizens are required to have an student visa for training to enter the Ethiopia to processes all of the necessary paperwork for you to take to the Ethiopian Embassy and obtain this visa. The entire visa process can take 10 days or more to complete, ultimately depending on appointment schedules at the Ethiopian. Embassy.
Do I need to pay everything at once?
  • We require payment for the training upfront; however the tuition fee is divided into multiple installments so you are not required to pay for the full training cost at once. The payment plan can be found in your Training Agreement.
What type of license do I need to fly for an airline?

To fly commercially you will need: 

• Commercial Pilot License (CPL)

• Instrument Rating (IR)

• Multi Engine Rating (ME)

After completion of the Integrated Professional Pilot Program you will graduate with all of the above licenses and ratings. Please note some airlines require additional requirements and flying experience. 

What is the weather like in Ethiopia? What is the best time of the year to come?
  • There is a very good reason why we chose Ethiopia as the place to locate our flight school. It’s the great weather! Your chances of having great flying weather any time of the year here is far better than just about anywhere else you can think. 
How long does it take to obtain a license?
  • A private pilot license typically takes 58 hours of flight time. A commercial pilot license will take 157 hours of flight time. The time to obtain the license is depending on how frequently you fly, and your commitment to study. We have completed private pilot licenses in as little as 6 months and commercial one year.

NOTE: Although we cannot guarantee that you will complete your flight training course in the prescribed amount of time, we can and will commit to providing the environment and resources (airplanes, instructors, facilities, etc.) where you can finish on-time and on-budget. Some factors which may cause the completion of your flight training course to extend longer than the prescribed number of days are as follows:

    1. Not fluent with the English language.
    2. Pilot performance – Some people just take a little longer to learn new skills than others. Everyone is different and everyone has their own unique strengths and weaknesses. We work with individuals – not groups.
    3. Distracted attention – spending training time talking on the phone or answering emails. Stay on-task and you will get finished
What kind of airplane will I fly?
    • Most of our students choose to learn to fly in a current generation Cessna and Diamond aircraft. A full list of aircraft in our fleet can be found in our Aircraft section.
Do I need to be studying maths or physics at school?
    • You do not need to study physics or maths at school to obtain a pilot license. Having this knowledge certainly does help, but is in no way a requirement. If you wish to become an airline pilot you may need both physics and maths – both are typically an entry requirement.
Who will conduct my training?
    • All your training will be conducted by a fully qualified commercial pilot who holds a flight instructor rating.

Next registration

starts in


You can Enroll now!